True Belgian Waffles Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
MAKES: 5 servings
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Eggland’s Best Eggs, separated
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Most of us are too young to know about old-fashioned dating habits. But if you’ve seen old movies, then you know men used to call a lady to ask her on a date several days before. Then come date night, he’d show up all dressed up at her door with a bouquet of flowers, and take her to the movies. What if old-fashioned dating habits came back in style?
#1. Getting picked up at the door.
No more of this texting or calling to say “I’m outside”, but actually getting out of the car and walking to the door. It takes just a minute and makes all the difference in the world. It’s a date, it’s special, and should be treated as such.
#2. Bring a small gift or flowers.
It’s thoughtful, kind, and a way of showing affection. Whenever I visit a friend, I always bring a little gift…
View original post 494 more words
Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are the building blocks of a well functioning brain. Many seniors start to develop cognitive impairment as they age not because they are simply getting older, but because their nutrition is lacking. Aside from quitting smoking, staying active, and continuing to challenge yourself intellectually to keep your brain working well into your centenarian years, here is a list of foods, primarily those which contain monounsaturated fats or ‘healthy fats’, which can keep you reciting poetry from memory or recalling your childhood friends’ names like you just saw them yesterday.
This fruit/nut/vegetable helps to keep your brain working at top speed with healthy fats, lots of potassium, fiber, Vitamin E, B-complex and folic acid. The health benefits of avocados are amazing.
Peanuts, Walnuts, Almonds and Pecans
As long as you don’t have a tree nut allergy, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, and pecans are wonderful for boosting brain health. They…
View original post 286 more words
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword – Official Comic-Con Trailer [HD]
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
1 – can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
1 – package (8 oz) cream cheese
8 – slices bacon, halved
Toothpicks or skewers
1/2 – cup cinnamon-sugar
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; split each into 2 rounds. Gently stretch out each biscuit half just a bit; add small scoop of cream cheese in center. Wrap dough around cream cheese; seal edges.
- Wrap each stuffed biscuit with half slice of bacon; secure with toothpick.
- Fry bacon-wrapped stuffed biscuits in oil until puffed and golden brown on all sides.
- While warm, toss evenly in cinnamon-sugar. If desired, serve with maple syrup.
Photo Credit: Oh bite it