Tasty and quick to make!
Frittatas are a great way to use up ingredients from your fridge as you can pretty much put anything in them 🙂
I also love how a frittata is suitable for any meal and you can eat it hot or cold. Unlike quiche you don’t include a pastry crust, so it is quicker to cook and probably a little healthier.
If you want to make this a vegetarian option then swap the bacon for more vegetables – canned sweetcorn kernels or extra capsicum (bell peppers) would work well.
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 150g/5 oz diced bacon
- 80g/3 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), diced
- 3 spring onions (green/salad onions), finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used ‘Tasty’ which is like cheddar)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used low fat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Heat your oven to 200C/180C fan forced/390F. Spray…
View original post 115 more words