A new world is upon me! I discovered cashew based sauces and nothing will ever be the same.
Was I skeptical about this? Yes. Was I proven wrong by how good, deliciously creamy and cheese tasting the sauce turned out? 100%.
Without further ado, here’s how to turn your ‘cheesy’ dreams into a vegan reality.
- Your favourite pasta (for 2-3 portions)
- A bunch of asparagus
- Mushrooms (as many as you like, there is no right or wrong here)
- Olive oil
- Lots of pepper
- 1 shallot/onion
- 1 cup cashews (soaked over night for best results)
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 table spoons inactive yeast flakes
- gulp of olive oil
- 2 table spoons soy sauce
- a sprinkle of fresh parsley
- 1 lime/lemon (zest and juice)
- half a shallot (optional)
- Lots (and I mean LOTS) of ground pepper
Step 1: Cook the past as instructed
View original post 110 more words