HOMESTYLE CORNED BEEF HASH
- 1 pound potatoes (russet or red), scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound or more cooked corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes or shredded (about 2-3 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the oil and butter and finish the potatoes in the pan over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, peppers and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add corned beef and seasonings to taste, turning hash, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.