Brazilian meal Feijão-Tropeiro
- 500g dried pinto beans
- 250g smoked bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled and chopped
- 30g butter
- 4 eggs
200g toasted cassava (manioc) flour
Prep: 5min › Cook: 30min › Ready in: 35min
- Add beans to a pressure cooker and cover with water. Bring to high heat and cook the beans for about 20 minutes under pressure. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the bacon and place it in a large frying pan over medium heat; fry until crisp (approximately 5 minutes). Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Discard 2/3 of the fat in the pan and return pan to the heat.
- Cook onion and add garlic in the bacon fat for about 2 minutes, add the cooked beans and season with salt to…
View original post 45 more words