Welcome to my life-hack series, Life Lift! I am over-the-moon excited about sharing these little life lessons I’ve learned in hopes that they might benefit someone else.
Before we get started, I want to go over a few disclaimers and things you should keep in mind as you read and learn over the next seven days:
- First and foremost, I am not a mental healthcare professional. I currently have my bachelor’s degree in sociology with a social services emphasis. I do not claim to practice medicine, nor do I have any training in the mental health field.
- The “methods” discussed in the Series have not been studied or proctored by mental health or medical professional. These are simply suggestions based on one amateur individual’s personal experiences and not intended to treat or diagnose any illness, disease or condition.
- Always consult a medical professional before beginning any exercise, diet, or nutrition program.
- If you believe you or someone you know is experiencing a medical or mental health emergency, please contact your local Emergency Services (9-1-1- in the United States) for assistance.
- If you need to talk to someone, there is help. Please contact one of the following resources:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
For hearing and speech impaired with TTY equipment: 1.800.799.4TTY (779-4889)
National Child Abuse Hotline
1.800.4.A.CHILD FREE (422-4453)
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1.800.799.SAFE FREE (799-7233)
Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
1.800.656.HOPE FREE (656-4673)
The Trevor Project
1.866.4.U.TREVOR FREE (488-7386)
Veterans Crisis Line
1.800.273.TALK FREE (273-8255) PRESS 1
Crisis Text Line
TEXT “TWLOHA” TO 741-741
Check out other great articles from This Rubescent Life