- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb fresh spicy turkey sausage
- Crusty bread (for serving)
ACTIVE: 10 MINTOTAL: 45 MIN
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss cabbage, onion, apple, thyme sprigs, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/4 cup water in a 13×9″ baking dish; season with salt and pepper and roast, covered, until cabbage is wilted and softened, 35–45 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages until browned and cooked through, 10–12 minutes. Add to cabbage during last 10 minutes of cooking, tossing to coat. Serve with bread.
Credit: Bon Appetit