- 3/4pound campanelle or penne
- 4red or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 3/4cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape the charred skin from the peppers with a paring knife and wipe clean with paper towels.. Cut the flesh into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
Credit: Real Simple