Vegetable oil for deep-frying
1 – can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
1 – package (8 oz) cream cheese
8 – slices bacon, halved
Toothpicks or skewers
1/2 – cup cinnamon-sugar
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350°F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; split each into 2 rounds. Gently stretch out each biscuit half just a bit; add small scoop of cream cheese in center. Wrap dough around cream cheese; seal edges.
- Wrap each stuffed biscuit with half slice of bacon; secure with toothpick.
- Fry bacon-wrapped stuffed biscuits in oil until puffed and golden brown on all sides.
- While warm, toss evenly in cinnamon-sugar. If desired, serve with maple syrup.
Photo Credit: Oh bite it