Woman Crush Wednesday – Eva Green (Penny Dreadful) #WCW

eva-green-hairstyles2

Eva Gaëlle Green born 5 July 1980) is a French actress. Green started her career in theatre before making her film debut in 2003 in Bernardo Bertolucci‘s controversial film The Dreamers. Green achieved international recognition when she appeared in Ridley Scott‘sKingdom of Heaven (2005), and portrayed Vesper Lynd in the James Bond film Casino Royale (2006). In 2006, Green was awarded the BAFTA Rising Star Award. Since 2006, Green has starred in independent films Womb (2010), Perfect Sense (2011), and Cracks (2011). She has also appeared in the television series Camelot (2011), and playedAngelique Bouchard in Tim Burton‘s big-screen adaptation of Dark Shadows (2012). In 2014, she played Artemisia in 300 sequel, 300: Rise of an Empire, and will star as Ava Lord inFrank Miller‘s and Robert Rodriguez‘s Sin City sequel, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

01 02

In 2007, Green was voted the 6th sexiest movie star of all-time by Empire magazine. Empire also listed her character, Vesper Lynd as the 9th sexiest female character in cinema history. In 2011, Los Angeles Times Magazine listed Green at No. 18 for their 50 most beautiful women in film. In 2012 she was listed no.57 in AfterEllen Hot 100. In April 2012, Shalom Life ranked her Number 2 on its list of “the 50 most talented, intelligent, funny, and gorgeous Jewish women in the world”

03 04

Green considers herself nerdy: “When people first meet me, they find me very cold. I keep myself at a distance, and I think that’s why I’m so drawn to acting. It allows me to wear a mask”. She lives alone and, by her own account, leads a low-key life when she’s not working. When asked in an interview what would people be surprised to find out about her, she responded “I guess people would be surprised to find out that I am a bit of a homebody. I do not like clubbing or going to wild parties. After a day of shooting, I love to come home and relax by the fire with a glass of wine and a good book. Boring, huh?”

05 06

Eva is our #WCW because she is beautiful, smart and sexy, wrapped in a super bad-ass actresses. She plays these wonderful female roles where she has as much power as the men in the film. She is willing to express herself physical and spirtually in each role. Plus, she doesn’t mind nudity because she has so much confindence in herself. That’s the sexist thing I believe in women if they can be confident about themselves. Eva Green has plenty of confidence in herself which you can see her swagger. You can check her new show Penny Dreadful on Showtime every Sunday night.

Credit: Wikipedia

28 comments on “Woman Crush Wednesday – Eva Green (Penny Dreadful) #WCW

1. tisfortea says:

Great choice for #WCW – the first time I saw The Dreamers I was simply captivated by her beauty!

2. Stunning, eh? That was a nice post to wake up to! 🙂

3. Oh, I love her. Great choice.

4. Little Voice says:

Thank you for following my blog. Look forward to following you too.

5. Abdulfatah Bashir says:

Thanks for the likes and follow. They are encouraging.

6. chattykerry says:

I’m not really into girls but she is pretty gorgeous. Something about her aquiline features…

7. micahlynne says:

Wow that is quite the resume! She is amazing 🙂

8. Peccosa says:

Hi, just wanted to thank you for giving me a follow 🙂

9. Chacalit says:

I love Penny Dreadful, she is wonderful in it.

10. meghan11 says:

Interesting blog. Thanks for following Before I go.

11. randyjw says:

How fortuitous that you chanced upon my blog, giving me the opportunity to find yours. This post on Eva Green is wonderful; she could be a possible contender for a role in the film my former employer would like to have made from his book, Aaron’s Journey: From Slave to Master, about his parents’ lives as Jews in WWII Europe. Thank you!

12. Thank you for the follow! I’m a big Eva fan as well. Very talented and stunning.

13. hoojewale says:

Eva is quite beautiful. She’s no doubt a good actress but I won’t buy the idea of her intended nude act, because one day she’ll probably have to explain to somebody or much more importantly, to God, in the heavenly assizes!

14. musikguru says:

Loved her in Camelot

15. sarahlearichards says:

“Perfect Sense” is a beautiful film, but “Womb” was just creepy!

16. natcat1818 says:

I had never heard of Eva Green!, but your blog wants to make me look further into her! Thanks for sharing!!

17. Doreen Wong says:

I love her in Penny Dreadful! Hopefully they bring the show back this year

18. Vandini says:

That’s an honestly factually accurate, coolly composed article! I’ve admired this actress a lot:)
    P.S. – Thank you for showing love on my blog.

19. bombaydude says:

Liked her in Dreamers

20. llstar2 says:

Thanks for the like and follow .. 🙂

21. I enjoyed reading the blog.
    Thank you for liking my recent post “Think About the Personal Life” on the Personal Idea blog and also for following the blog.
    All the best.

22. Thanks for starting to follow my blog! I just got it up! You’ve got some interesting facts here

23. craftyc54 says:

There is a great beauty tha lies within that no one may ever see. I knew a homely lady but her voice with like an angel. A modest lady gets many more gentlemen. One day I wore jeans and other day I wore a long modest dress. I had so many guys open the door for me when I wore the dress. When you do not dress modest what are we asking for? There is so much respect in modesty. Just food for thought. Thanks for following my flog. Life is a journey: ups and downs.

24. Sparkyjen says:

Wow! Thanks for clearing up who the lead actress is in Penny Dreadful. I got it into my head (apparently my eyes were elsewhere that day), the lead was Katie Holmes.

25. Hi belikewaterproduction. Eva Green An Amazing and stunning actress. Watched all three series of “Penny Dreadful”. Sorry it was cancelled hope there is a spinoff. Thank you for liking “My own Humility! and for wanting to follow my poetry adventures. Like all things Paranormal! UFO’s! Conspiracy Theories! Observing this crazy society! Writing is my passion that keeps me sane and alive! Great to meet you. TheFoureyedPoet.

26. She’s my hero. Thanks.