During Diane Sawyer’s 20/20 special last night with Bruce Jenner, the historic two-hour interview covered a variety of topics, including how his family reacted, when he began to cross-dress, what his three ex-wives knew, and more.
- The First Time He Tried on a Dress Was 8 or 9 Years Old “I marked the closet so when I put it back, I had put everything back in the exact same spot so I wouldn’t get caught. And at that time, I didn’t know why I was doing it, besides it just made me feel good,” the 65-year-old said of trying on his mother Esther’s dresses. He would also sneak out in her clothes. “I would put a scarf over my head because my hair was short.”
- The First Person He Told Was First His Wife Chrystie Scott The pair, who share son Burt and daughter Cassandra, were married from 1972 to 1981. “I didn’t go heavily into it back then. I said, these are my issues, this is what I deal with. I think [I said], ‘Oh I do a little cross-dressing, a little of this, a little of that,” he told Sawyer. “Like most women they think, ‘Oh I can fix that. I’s going to be okay.’ Nurturing. I never really hardcore said, ‘Look, I don’t know if I’m going to make it in this male gender here my entire life.'” (His second marriage with Linda Thompson failed partially because of his gender transition.)
- His Gender Identity is Separate from His Sexual Orientation “I was never attracted to the guys — the sexuality was totally different from what I’m dealing with. I’m not gay. As far as I know, I’m heterosexual. I’ve never been with a guy,” he said. “Sexuality is who you’re personally attracted to, who turns you on, male or female. But gender identity has to do with who you are as a person and your soul and who you identify with inside.”
- His Sister Pam Jenner Kept His Secret for 30 Years “He told me he had always felt that he should’ve been a girl. I said what? I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t understand it,” she told Sawyer. “I didn’t understand really what he was saying and then he told me, ‘I used to dress up in your clothes when no one was around.’ I gathered myself together. Okay, we can handle this. My big, gorgeous brother felt like he was always a girl.”
- He Began Transitioning in the ’80s Jenner would often cross-dress and converse with others following his motivational speeches. “I would walk off the stage and I would feel like a liar. I would say, ‘You just got no guts,'” he told Sawyer. “And then literally [I would] go up into the hotel room, change clothes, and go out and walk around.”
- Kris Jenner and Him Might Still Be Together If It Weren’t For His Transition The star believes that he and the Kardashian matriarch, who share daughters Kendall and Kyle, might still be married if if weren’t for his gender transition. (Kris filed for divorce in September 2014 after 22 years of marriage.) He also was on hormones when they first met and was a 36B bra size. “We never went to therapy. We tried to deal with it on our own,” he said, noting that Kris caught him wearing dresses. “It was tough on her. Kris is a good woman I got no complaints with her. Honestly, if she would’ve been really good with it and understanding, we’d probably still be together.”
- His Daughters Caught Him Wearing Women’s Clothes Jenner said Kim Kardashian walked away and drove for a bit after she found him cross-dressing one time. He texted her to see if she was okay, but the two didn’t speak much about it afterward. Kendall and Kylie’s laptop, which was on security mode, also caught him changing. “They came home and turned on their computer and — oh my god, it was me,” he recalled. “It was the only full-length mirror in the house.”
- He Was Terrified to Tell His Children the Truth Jenner struggled to tell his 10 children and stepchildren about his transition, and told son Brandon Jenner first. “[I said] that I’ll always be there and I’m not going anywhere,” he said. Brandon added to Sawyer: “I feel like I’m getting an upgraded version of my dad, of a parent.” Kim has also been the most supportive, and it’s been the toughest for Khloe Kardashian to deal with. He later commented on how he felt about hiding the truth while filming Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I had the story. We’ve done 425 episodes I think, over almost 8 years now and the entire run I kept thinking to myself, ‘Oh my god. This whole thing, the one real, true story in the family was the one I was hiding and nobody knew about it.'”
- He Contemplated Suicide One of Jenner’s darkest moments was when it was leaked to paparazzi that he had plastic surgery to shave down his Adam’s Apple in 2014. “I thought, wouldn’t the easiest thing to do right now — and I could see where people get to that — is go in the room, get a gun, boom. Pain’s over, it’s done, go to a better place. And I thought, nah. I can’t do something like that. I mean, I want to know how this story ends.”
- Sawyer’s Interview Will Be Jenner’s Last as Bruce In time, Jenner – who said he’s a Republican and Christian – will next reintroduce himself to society as a woman. “I’m saying goodbye to people’s perception of me and who I am,” he said. “I’m not saying goodbye to me because this has always been me.” Sawyer also noted that the star did express interest to do another interview next year.
Credit: ABC News
What are your thoughts on Bruce Jenner & the Kardashian Family?
It’s been a long and busy day but I got a lot of great sets of famous people. I proceed on my way home when I get a tip for Batman. No, not the real one but the actor who played him. The tip was all the way on Sunset Blvd but I’ve never shot him before so I said what the hell, let’s go get Batman. So, I drive to Blvd of broken dreams.
When I get there the valet tells me he just got here 20 minutes ago and he seemed to be in a great mood. That was reassuring because I’ve never shot him before and it’s always different when you shoot someone new. You never know if they’re going to be cool with it or a total asshole. But I was a fan of all his movies and he seemed like a cool guy. I check my gear and proceed to get my target.
I look inside the restaurant which he was the only one inside with his son, laughing and having a good time. Looking at him, it seemed like he was a cool dude. So, I pull out my shit, pointing at him then I take my shot. I get a couple of frames off before he final notices me. I calmly put my shit away and give him the thumbs up. That’s how I personally say thank you for people I shoot even though it’s still a fucked up process of stalking and hunting.
I confidently start walking back to my car thinking about watching his latest flick when I get back to the house. All the sudden I see the valet with a concerned look on his face pointing behind me. It was Batman running after me on Sunset Blvd. Everything was in slow motion like in the movies but this Batman had a potty mouth.
“Hey, asshole,” Batman shouts to me.
I look around saying, “Me?”
“Yeah, dickhead. I didn’t come back from a long shoot from the East coast to deal with assholes fucking up my day with my son. You need to get the fuck out of here before I END YOUR WORLD. I fucken know people pal. They would end you in a heartbeat.”
Batman was in my face as I could smell spaghetti coming off his breathe as he berates me on Sunset Blvd with his saliva landing on my face with each word he shouts to me. I could see the valet around us looking as shocked as I was, seeing Batman losing his shit.
Before I get a word, he gives me a shoulder bump like if we were on the playing ground and I stole his lollipop. I started to chuckle a bit, which didn’t help the situation as I could see the veins in his eyes become blood-red. He calms himself down for a bit asking me,
“Are you going to leave?”
I take a step back saying,
“No. But I love you’re movies.”
He shakes his head in frustration and walks back to the restaurant. Before he walks in he takes one more look at me not as Batman but just another man wondering and thinking about the choices he made in his life. I stand firm not swaying my gaze as he gives me a nod, then he walks in. I pay the valet and all of them give me a high-five because they recognized I was in a fight.
I might have not won the battle but I think I got the respect from Batman.
Buy it on Amazon.co
According Yahoo UK, a group of Native American actors have walked off the set of an Adam Sandler movie, complaining about offensive stereotypes.
Loren Anthony told the Associated Press news agency he and eight other actors left the production of The Ridiculous Six on Wednesday.
He said the filmmakers had rejected their concerns about the satirical Western’s portrayal of Apache culture.
Anthony said producers told them to leave if they felt offended by the script, which he said included offensive names for Native American female characters.
A spokesman for Sandler’s production company, Happy Madison Productions, did not immediately comment.
But Netflix, which will release The Ridiculous Six, defended the film.
“The movie has ridiculous in the title for a reason: because it is ridiculous,” a Netflix spokesperson told Deadline on Thursday.
“It is a broad satire of Western movies and the stereotypes they popularised, featuring a diverse cast that is not only part of – but in on – the joke.”
Nick Nolte and Steve Buscemi co-star in the movie, which began shooting this month in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico.
Credit: Actor Loren Anthony stands next to a seated Adam Sandler on the set of ‘Ridiculous Six.’
What do you think, should have the actors quit or did they just overreact?
Most celebrity interviews aren’t meant to be challenging. The actor, actress, or director wants to promote their movie, you want to talk to Iron Man about getting paid to smash things for a living, or whatever. When an informal chat that begins with questions about being a fan of superheroes as a child gets too real, though, the interviewee might walk out on the interviewer.
That’s what happened between Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Robert Downey, Jr., when Guru-Murthy awkwardly brought up the Avengers‘ star’s “colourful past.” Go six minutes into the clip, and you see RDJ’s breathing get heavier as Guru-Murthy nervously asks whether he’s “free” from drinking and drugs. Downey think it’s getting “too Diane Sawyer,” and he bails.
Which brings me to the point that you should never bring up Ironman’s Father!!!
Do you think he made a good call in walking out? What would have you’ve done if you were in RDJ’s situation?
Sandra Bullock has been beloved by audiences for decades, but only now has the 50-year-old actress been named the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” by People magazine.
The Oscar-winning actress’s first response to the news was to laugh.
“No, really,” she told the magazine during her photo shoot for the special issue. “I just said, ‘That’s ridiculous.’ I’ve told no one.”
Bullock was recognized as “Woman of the Year” by the publication in 2010, and has been featured inside the annual “Beautiful” issue before, but this is the first time she’s landed the cover. Ironically, the honor comes one day after her 1995 romantic comedy While You Were Sleeping — which solidified her rep as America’s Sweetheart — celebrated its 20th anniversary.
We would love to see Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep on the People’s 50 Most Beautiful People – Tell us who do you want on the list?
Today is Earth Day! Every year on April 22, more than 1 billion people in 175 countries participate in Earth Day events. It is the largest civic observance in the world, and its purpose is to raise awareness about important environmental issues. To spread the word about this special occasion, send an eco-friendly free Earth Day eCard to friends and family!
The first Earth Day took place in 1970. After witnessing the effects of an oil spill in Santa Barbara, California, U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson organized a grassroots “environmental teach-in” on college campuses across the country. Many people believe that this first Earth Day celebration marked the beginning of the modern environmental movement.
To celebrate Earth Day, plant a tree, help clean up a beach or park, or participate in a local event near you. Happy Earth Day!
DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST OF US ARE FUELING ONE OF THE WORLD’S BIGGEST ECOLOGICAL DISASTERS AND ACTS OF PRIMATE GENOCIDE IN HISTORY?
Borneo and Sumatra are two of the most bio-diverse regions of the world, yet they have the longest list of endangered species. This list includes the magnificent orangutan. These two South-East Asian islands are extremely rich in life, containing around 20,000 flowering plant species, 3,000 tree species, 300,000 animal species and thousands more being discovered each year. Despite this amazing biodiversity and delicate web of species, an area the size of 300 football fields of rainforest is cleared each hour in Indonesia and Malaysia to make way for the production of one vegetable oil. That’s 6 football fields destroyed each minute.
This vegetable oil is called palm oil, and is found in hundreds of the everyday products, from baked goods and confectionery, to cosmetics and cleaning agents… many of which you buy in your weekly shopping.
Due to the massive international demand for palm oil, palm oil plantations are rapidly replacing the rain-forest habitat of the critically endangered orangutan; with over 90% of their habitat already destroyed in the last 20 years.
Orangutans are some of our closest relatives, sharing approximately 97% of their DNA with humans. Orangutan means ‘Person of the jungle’ in the Indonesian language. It is estimated that 6 to 12 of these ‘jungle people’ are killed each day for palm oil. These gentle creatures are either killed in the deforestation process, when they wonder into a palm oil plantation looking for food, or in the illegal pet trade after they’ve been captured and kept as pets in extremely poor conditions and provided with extremely poor nutrition.
Orangutans are considered as pests by the palm oil industry. In the deforestation process, workers are told that if wildlife gets in the way, they are to do whatever is necessary in order to dispose them, no matter how inhumane. Often orangutans are run over by logging machinery, beat to death, buried alive or set on fire… all in the name of palm oil.
Government data has shown that over 50,000 orangutans have already died as a result of deforestation due to palm oil in the last two decades. Experts say that if this pattern of destruction and exploitation continues, these intelligent acrobats of the jungle will be extinct in the wild within 3 to 12 years (as early as 2015). It is also thought that their jungle habitat will be completely gone within 20 years (approximately 2033).
Around 50 million tons of palm oil is produced annually; with almost all of that being non-sustainable palm oil, that replaces 12 million hectares of dense, bio-diverse rain-forest. That’s the equivalent landmass of North Korea deforested each year for palm oil alone!
Palm oil is also having a shocking impact on our planet. The production of this one vegetable oil is not only responsible for polluting rivers and causing land erosion, but when the plantation workers set fire to the remaining trees, shrubs and debris to make way for the oil palms, it produces immense amount of smoke pollution that is toxic to planet earth. This has been found to be the second biggest contributor to greenhouse gas in the world.
By purchasing products that contain crude palm oil, you are helping destroy ancient, pristine rain-forest, wipe out species like the orangutan, and create a large-scale ecological disaster.
Think of the consequences next time you do your weekly shopping; the consequences not only for orangutans and other animals, but for us as the human race; for we cannot survive without the rain-forests either.
We have a choice, orangutans do not.