(32 ounce) packagepotato tater tots
- 1 1⁄2
cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 -6
slices cooked bacon
tablespoon of all purpose seasoning
chives (to garnish)
sour cream, for dipping
- Prepare potatoes according to package instructions and sprinkle generously with all purpose seasoning of your choice.
- When potatoes are fully cooked, crumble bacon over the top and top with cheese of your choice. Good ones to try are chipotle cheddar, cheddar jack, or sharp cheddar.
- Return to the oven and bake 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, cool for 2-5 minutes and garnish with chives.
Serve with sour cream or your choice of condiments.
Photo Credit: The Cupcake Theory
Recipe Credit: Food.com
- Anti-inflammation and Anti-cancer
There are more than a dozen different flavonoid compounds in spinach and these are powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer fighting agents. In fact, researchers have created specialized spinach extract to use in controlled laboratory studies. Medical studies show that spinach intake can potentially decrease the incidence of breast cancer in women. The science of nutria-genomics and epigenetics points more and more to the impressive value of spinach. Furthermore, inflammation plays a detrimental role in causing a variety of disease processes. The flavonoid and carotenoid content have anti-inflammatory substances and are plentiful in the leaves of the spinach plant.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are potent antioxidants and have a vital role in protecting the macula and the retina in general. Research suggests that spinach can play a vital role in prevention of age related eye problems such as macular degeneration. Spinach is an excellent source of many other antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese. Medical science knows that oxidative stress is a key contributor to numerous health problems including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and an overall decrease in longevity.
- Bone Health
Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health. Fortunately, spinach contains 200 percent of the daily value in just one cup of fresh spinach leaves. One cup of boiled spinach contains over 1000% of the daily value. Other nutrients such as calcium and magnesium found spinach play an important role in supporting bone strength.
- Gastrointestinal Health
The antioxidant affects to help minimize DNA damage and lessen the risk of colon cancer. The presence of folate and vitamin C along with beta-carotene make this green gem a powerful weapon in guarding our gastrointestinal health.
- Other Benefits
- Blood Pressure. Proteins and spinach have been shown to inhibit angiotensin-converting enzyme. This aids in decreasing blood pressure.
- Zeaxanthin and lutein are protective against age related vision deterioration. Macular degeneration is the best study and most likely to benefit from spinach consumption.
- Vitamin A is of paramount importance in protecting mucous membranes including the respiratory, urinary and intestinal tract. White blood cells called lymphocytes rely on Vitamin A to help fight infection. One cup of spinach contains over 337% of the RDA of Vitamin A.
- High concentrations of Vitamin A help the skin stay healthy, retain moisture and fight acne, thickening and wrinkles.
- Calcium buildup in blood vessels is a contributing factor to heart disease and stroke. Vitamin K found in spinach helps prevent calcium from depositing in tissues and blood vessels.
Brain Function. The protective sheath around our nerves relies on vitamin K to help synthesize this vital protective covering. Vitamin K found in spinach is essential for the overall health of our nervous system.
Credit: News Health Guide
According, to CNN, Two years after she underwent a double mastectomy to cut her cancer risk, actress and U.N. envoy Angelina Jolie has had surgery to remove her ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Jolie, 39, carries a mutation of the BRCA1 gene, which sharply increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Her mother was diagnosed with the latter at age 49 and died seven years later.
But a blood test that revealed worrying markers accelerated the process, the Hollywood star said. Her doctor told her he wanted her to see a surgeon immediately to check her ovaries.
What are your thoughts on her decision? Would you do the same thing if you were in the same position?
You think you may be safe in your own home. But, there are many items in your home that could cause you to develop cancer.
Our home is supposed to be our sanctuary, but we are being invaded by cancer-causing chemicals. There are many carcinogens that find their way into our homes without us even knowing about it through dyes, shampoos, rubber, plastic, perfumes and more. With the times constantly changing, there are more dangers in some homes than there is outside.
This is to inform you of the things that you could possibly have in your home that could be causing you cancer. They may seem the be safe, but don’t judge a book by its cover. Those smells good perfumes may smell pleasant, but you won’t be saying that from the hospital bed.
- Candles: The CPSC, Consumer Product Safety Commission, performed a study that confirmed that 40 percent of candles contain lead wires inside the wicks. Manufacturers use lead to make wicks firmer because fragrance oils soften waxes. According the CPSC, a candle that contains lead – core wick releases five times the amount of lead that is considered hazardous for children. Children being exposed to high amounts of lead can result in learning disabilities, hormone disruption, behavioral problems and other health problems.
- Air Fresheners: There are so many different kinds of air fresheners right now it is ridiculous. These air fresheners have volatile organic compounds, toxins, and carcinogens like phthalate esters in the formula. A study was released that found 13 common household air fresheners contain chemicals that can affect reproductive development and aggravate asthma.
- Antiperspirants: Conventional antiperspirants and deodorants contain several ingredients linked to virulent cancers. Antiperspirants and deodorants are designed to stay in the body for hours, this allows harmful chemicals to get deep into the skin.
- Art supplies: There are certain art supplies like rubber cement glue and Epoxy, acrylic solvents and paints, and permanent markers contain chemicals linked to organ damage, cancer and allergies. Children are really vulnerable to toxins because of their under-developed immune system and higher metabolisms, so pay extra attention to the products they use.
Photo Credit : http://kimberlysnyder.com