- 3/4pound campanelle or penne
- 4red or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 3/4cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place the peppers on a baking sheet skin-side up and broil until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Scrape the charred skin from the peppers with a paring knife and wipe clean with paper towels.. Cut the flesh into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the peppers, olives, almonds, oil, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
Credit: Real Simple
- 2⁄3cup picante sauce or 2⁄3 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped with some tops (about 1/4 cup)
- 6(8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- chopped green onion, for serving
- picante sauce, for serving
- Mix chicken, picante sauce or salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling.
- Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with melted margarine.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Garnish with additional cheese and green onion and serve salsa on the side.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 slices (1 oz each) Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
Separate dough into 8 triangles. Cut cheese slices to fit on triangles; place 1 slice on each. Top with bacon and onion. Roll up loosely as directed on can. Brush with egg. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
1 Tbsp evoo
1/2 to 3/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp flour or 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
2/3 tsp salt
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
a very generous dash of black pepper
1 to 2 tsp ranch seasoning (equal amounts of dried parsley, dill, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder).
1 to 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
TODD’S FAMOUS BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- READY IN 1 hr 15 mins
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk. Stir milk and egg into flour mixture. Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries. Set aside for 1 hour.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Credit All Receipes
For the cake
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water (you may substitute this for coffee)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon white or apple cider vinegar
For the glaze
For the Glaze
½ cup sugar
4 Tablespoons margarine or vegan butter substitute
2 Tablespoons soy milk
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Prepare the Cake
Prepare the Cake
Preheat oven to 350F (177C). In an 8 x 8 inch square pan, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt with a fork. Add the water or coffee, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix the ingredients together. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
Prepare the Glaze
In a small saucepan bring the sugar, margarine, soy milk and cocoa powder to a boil, stirring frequently. Simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat and stir an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Glaze the Cake
Pour the glaze onto cake and let it cool for one hour. This recipe makes 1, 8 x 8 inch square Vegan Chocolate Cake.
Credit: Vegan Baking