by Ryan Fu •
Sonny’s Steak Hoagie
4 (8-inch) hoagie rolls, homemade preferred
2 3/4 ounces blended canola/ olive oil, 60/40 ratio
10 ounces sliced thin sweet onions in 1/16-inch slices
28 ounces sliced thin rib-eye steak in 1/16-inch slices
2 ounces melted sweet butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional ingredients: homemade tomato sauce, bell peppers, mushrooms, or your favorite cheese
For the hoagies:
Preheat frying pan over medium-high heat. Cut the hoagie rolls horizontally to open up and make a pocket. Add the blended oil to the pan and stir in the onions. Put the steak on top of onions and add 1/2-ounce of the butter. Cover the pan for 2 1/2 minutes. The meat should have a cooked appearance on top and rare underneath. Using a fork and spatula separate steak from the onions. When the meat is cooked add the salt, remaining butter, and provolone. Cover to the pan to melt the cheese. Divide the steak mixture among the hoagie rolls and serve. If you like, you can add the optional ingredients to the steak mixture before serving.
Night Rider Spiked Chocolate Shake Recipe
2 scoops chocolate ice cream
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz chocolate liqueur
Muddle 3 Oreos and blend together with ice cream, Kahlua, and liqueur. Pour in glass and garnish with whipped cream and a whole Oreo.
Happy Bill Murray Day!!!
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
MAKES: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 20 dill pickle slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- Cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with beef mixture, bacon, pickles and cheeses. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Original recipe makes 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 12 mins
- READY IN 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets with vegetable shortening.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well blended. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually blend into the batter. Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven, and transfer the cookies to cooling racks.