This day was created as a day to recall and note some of the totally and absolutely absurd things in history, in our country and in our lives
National Absurdity Day is also a day to have fun and do crazy, zany and absurd things. Everyone has an excuse today to let out the absurd antics that are hidden inside of them. You can do things that you have wanted to do that make absolutely no sense at all, and it will be okay because you will be celebrating National Absurdity Day.
Photo Credit: Zap2it
A week has passed and I have nothing to show for it. I didn’t get published even once. That is because I didn’t even write one single article. I told myself that during weekdays I had to work at least on one a day. This last week I only took pictures for two I had in mind but didn’t do any work there after. And it is not like I was out partying. I simply have been sleeping, eating, listening to music, netflix and cuddling with my cat. I left my apartment a couple of times just for food and a couple of beers. I did almost nothing productive. It’s too cold, I’ve been in hibernation mode.
Despite having many ideas, they all seem to come to a halt. Suddenly the whole world revolves around the terrorist attacks in Paris. People are quick to make their opinions and blast them in social media, most posts are about themselves. My favorite status that everyone is sharing lately is asking people why do they care so much about Paris and fail to share or grasp all the horrible occurrences that happen elsewhere in the world on a daily basis. I feel like I need to give them a simple reason why.
Because Westerners (especially middle class) relate to the people in France and not with war-torn nations. I am not saying that I believe that someone’s life is more valuable than another, I am just acknowledging that I can relate to them easier and it makes it much more scary. If you haven’t seen the graphic videos or photos, those were just people my age enjoying a rock concert. No one imagined the horrible shit that happened that night.
Compared the Paris situation to people in the Middle East who live this horror on a daily basis (and a lot of other countries as well). I am not saying just because they are in that shit situation that they should get used to it, but it sure is a different context. The attacks happened in Paris. I have never visited the city, but I imagine is like any other developed city in the world. A safe bubble where horrible shit is not supposed to happen. Of course it is way more relatable and shocking than to find out that some country you never heard off got bombed. Again, not justifying the bombing, just trying to explain why some news matter and others go unseen.
Also, it matters more because I know people from Paris, who have visited Paris and who currently live in Paris. Again, not saying that one life has more value than another, but to my relatable context, I care much more for the city of Paris and the country of France than any other in the Middle East. Not because I care less does it mean that they should bomb it to the ground, I am just more likely to not pay attention.
Anyway, here is Marion Cotillard. I remember seeing her more than twice and couldn’t only find this one set from July 13, 2010. I remember her not being that cool with the paparazzi, that that day, as soon as she got out of the car we started flashing her. Turns out, she checked in with her boyfriend and we had more than 20 minutes to shoot, which was good, cuz most of my flash photos were soft. Here is some frames out of a set of over 200 pictures.
And the obligatory TSA bullshit that no more than 3 oz of liquid can be in the same container. So tiny make-up and creams in a zip-lock and chug your motherfucker water cuz Marion Cotillard might be a terrorist.
Check out the rest of the story & more pictures @ https://matingas.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/hibernation-started-france-marion-cotillard/
CHECK OUT MATTHEW’S SITE
Buy it on Amazon.com
This week’s ass is Lindsay Lohan. And for a change, it’s not at LAX.
I did see her at LAX a lot! I also saw her in random places in LA. We were at the same music festival in Santa Barbara. She lived a couple blocks away from my house. I bumped into this chick so often and it was never worth it. Usually surrounded by other paparazzi. The only pics that were worth it, where of her getting fucked up. And too many of those already had surfaced.
Nah. This story is of the time I went to Hawaii in April of 2009 (I was 22 years-old). I was paired with a Belgian guy who I never worked with before and never saw him after the job.
We knew what hotel Lindsay was staying at, so the agency flew us a day early to prepare for everything. When we arrived to check-in the receptionist at the lobby was a flamboyant Hawaiian. “Let’s pretend we are gay lovers,” the Belgian said to me with his thick accent. Fuck it. He was the boss of the operation. I played along.
Belgian made up some bullshit about celebrating our anniversary. It worked. We had a reservation for one of the shittier rooms in the hotel. The receptionist said we were in luck and upgraded us to a pool/ocean view room. We walked around and got to know the area while pretending to be vacationing and thus it was normal to have a huge ass professional camera with. Then we had a shitty dinner (most of the food in Hawaii was horrible) in the mall next to the hotel and went to bed early to get to the airport in the morning.
As we arrived to the airport, other paparazzi were already waiting for Lohan. “Welcome to Hawaii, nothing will ever be exclusive,” that’s how a local paparazzi greeted me. He was a dick and a dick that was also wrong. The set I later got was exclusive. No one got pictures of Lindsay arriving at the Oahu airport. She got snuck out. No one was able to follow.
Lindsay’s flight was delayed, so it was already getting dark. There were no pictures of her that day, but as me and the Belgian dined at the hotel’s restaurant, we saw her eating a few tables away in a more “VIP” reserved spot. Other hotel clients were whispering that Lindsay was in there.
The plan was to wake up early and look for Lindsay. Belgian was at the lobby with a book by 7 am. I told him that it was a guarantee that the first thing Lohan was going to do was head to the pool, so I told him I was going to patrol and walk around. I was right. By 10ish am, Lohan, her sister and some friends were pool side. It was time to go back to the hotel room and pull out the 500mm/2.8f lens (was shooting Canon at the time).
At first, there was no angle. Lohan was chilling underneath parasols. However, the addict that she is, she needed a cigarette. Hotel employees didn’t take long to tell her she could not smoke poolside, and was told to move to the garden. And that’s when it happened….
I radioed the Belgian guy and told him he missed her in the lobby. That I was already shooting. There I was. Hiding behind hotel curtains with a gigantic lens, shutter snapping away. I couldn’t believe how smooth everything was going. Pictures speak for themselves:
There were way more pictures, but in travel jobs I shot RAW and those are a bitch to edit on a slow computer. I took around 150. After that, Belgian dude burst in and asked for the 500 lens. He even put an extender, making it basically a 700, cropping the picture way too close. Most of the pictures that got uploaded were mine. The ones published and on the cover of In Touch were mine. Magazines said she looked horrible, I disagree. She looked fine. She looks alright. But I guess “alright” is horrible for celebrity beauty standards.
My agency uploaded the pictures the following morning. Blogs said Lohan was posing for the paparazzi. She was never aware I was there. But after that, everyone and their mothers knew what hotel Lindsay was in and the paparazzi “gangbang” started. The following days around 20 paparazzi from Los Angeles and the 10 Hawaiian locals were parked outside the hotel waiting for Lohan to get out. At least no other paparazzi were allowed in the hotel, except of course, the Belgian and myself. One afternoon she went shopping to the mall right outside the hotel. It was a real shit show.
There were way more shots, and we also missed two important shots. Most of the pictures from there on were taken by the Belgian as I worked as guard/cover for him. There are just pictures of her lounging around the hotel. Because we weren’t parked outside, we were unable to follow when she went to a shitty beach. The other shoot we missed because her flight was leaving at 1 pm. She left the hotel at noonish and we assumed she was going home. She wasn’t. She went surfing and missed the flight. Oops. The boss was mad. Even though I made him thousands of dollars on the previous days.
Check out the rest of the story & more pictures @ https://matingas.wordpress.com/2015/10/26/i-signed-up-for-this-shit-lindsay-lohan-in-hawaii-post-50/
CHECK OUT MATTHEW’S SITE
Buy it on Amazon.com
- Nuts and seeds are rich in energy and nutrients. Nuts nutrition loaded with excellent source of monounsaturated-fatty acids (MUF) such as oleic and palmitoleic acids, which help to lower LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increase HDL or “good cholesterol.” Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet that is rich in MUF to prevent coronary artery disease, strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- They are rich source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids like Linoleic acid, a-Linolenic acid (ALA), Eicosapentaenoic acid, Docosahexonic acid Research studies have suggested that n-3 or ?-3 fats by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers. Omega-3 fatty acids also offer some benefits in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and in cases of Schizophrenia, depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nuts and seeds are the storehouse of health benefiting poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidants such as carotenes, resveratrol, lutein, cryptoxanthin, etc. These compounds have been found to offer protection against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and viral/fungal infections. Studies suggests that resveratrol in peanuts reduces stroke risk by alterating molecular mechanisms in the blood vessels, reducing their susceptibility to vascular damage through decreased activity of angiotensin (a systemic hormone causing blood vessel constriction that would elevate blood pressure) and increased production of the vasodilator hormone, nitric oxide.
- Nuts nutrition is complete in the sense that in addition to calories, and vitamins, they are rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, fluoride and selenium. Manganese is a co-factor for the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is a very powerful free radical scavenger. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is required for the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Fluoride is a component of bones and teeth and plays important role in prevention of dental caries.
- They contain very good levels of vitamin-E, a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E is required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin; thus, protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Nuts nutrition provides many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. These vitamins are essential for optimum health and well-being.
Credit: Nutrition and You