I did not sleep all of Friday and was a zombie on Saturday. I met with the guys to see if they wanted lunch before going to America, but they decided that they were too tired and it was time to go home. I had a blast with them and then got paid (which always makes me feel guilty, but hey… it is a business!)
With cash on my pocket and since I had already gotten published and money was on the way, I got lazy for the rest of the weekend and did not work but instead watched Netflix, EVO2015 and party. I got wasted and passed out in a closet on Sunday at Pedro’s birthday bash, a party with all them cool cats from TJ, free Kokopelli tacos and DJ Chucuchu playing on the rain (Pedro is your neighborhood Mr. Nice Guy). This made me a complete zombie again for Monday and did not published here in my blog… oops!
Now, I have plenty of work to do and the rest of week to do it (and run errands! how fun). I feel like doing nothing and enjoying my momentarily success, this is barely a scratch of my potential, pero… la hueva! Anyway, during my awesome moments of laziness, I got to watch two movies with Julianne Moore. Julianne became a favorite immediately after watching Children of Men. So much talent and guess what, she was awesome every time I saw her in person. The first movie was “Don Jon,” where she plays a cougar that went back to community college and seduces Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I don’t even like redheads, but you can’t help but feel jealousy for Gordon-Levitt’s character….
The second was the award winning “Still Alice,” though a slow movie with shitty actress Kristen Stewart (she was ok in it) and Alec Baldwin (who is sort of a dick), the movie was still AWESOME because of Julianne Moore. I’m a shitty movie critic since I am bias to the people I saw, but hey, here are pictures of Moore smiling at the camera at LAX. No special memories from her, just that she was always super nice and did not care about her picture taken.
Pictures from October 20, 2009 late at night. Her smile is pretty much the same in every set, yet looks completely genuine.
January 14, 2010 again at night (since picture is flash, which I do not prefer). February 10, 2010, arriving from Paris late at night and she still is a super nice person and smiles.
CHECK OUT MATTHEW’S SITE
Buy it on Amazon.com
1 1/2 – lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
2 – medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
1/4 – teaspoon salt
1/8 – teaspoon pepper
1 – can (28 oz) chunky tomato sauce
1 – cup water
1 – egg
1 – container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 – cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
1/4 – cup chopped fresh parsley
8 – slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
12 – uncooked lasagna noodles
2 – cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onions, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley and 1/4 cup of the bacon.
- 3 Spread about 1 cup of the beef mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups beef mixture and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese over noodles. Repeat layers once, starting with 4 noodles. Top with remaining noodles, beef mixture, Cheddar cheese and bacon. Spray 15-inch sheet of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4 Heat oven to 350°F. Bake covered 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Credit: Betty Crocker
BLW Limited Edition T-Shirt Art Piece from Charles Postell Contest Giveaway – Why you LOVE Life Contest?
BLW is proud to present to our fans a chance to win a one of a kind art piece from up and coming artists Charles Postell. Charles has been a media and abstract artist for the last ten years, which you have seen one of kind art pieces in many different publications.
This Limited Edition t-shirt design called “Numchucks” from Postell is made out of fabric paint and is totally all hand made. It’s a Men’s Large and made out of Cotton. If you’re a fan of old school martial arts movies, you’d totally love this t-shirt, which Postell only made one of these pieces making it valuable and unique.
If you want this amazing t-shirt art piece, you must submit an art piece or a story or a poem about why you love life. It can be short or long but it just has the message on why you love life.
Submit your art pieces by typing your link to your submission in the comment section below. So, put your art piece on your site then send us a link so we can check it out. Also, we will post it on BLW so other fans can check out your great art work.
Today is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! A sundae is the perfect treat to enjoy on a summer night. The cold ice cream paired with a warm, chocolate topping is one of the most delicious combinations known to man. Add some nuts, whipped cream, and cherries on top and you’ve got yourself a world-famous dessert!
The Guinness Book of World Records has documented several record-setting sundaes. For example, the most expensive sundae can be ordered at Serendipity 3 in New York City for the hefty sum of $1000. In 2009, the Kids Club in Brunswick, Georgia created the world’s longest sundae. It measured over 130 feet long!
Photo Credit: Cupcake Blog
A little Haiku I wrote for the occasion: by Teresa Dean Smeigh 2015
Tigger or Eeyore,
Never know who it will be,
In control each day.
Today’s Assignment: publish a post you’d like your ideal audience member to read, and include a new-to-you element in it.
To my children,
I know our lives haven’t gone as you wished. Early in your lives you found out your mother had BiPolar Disorder. A mental disorder that you were too young to understand at that time. I didn’t even understand it at first. I was just a young child when it surfaced.
I lived this way all my life and it was a lot milder so you weren’t subjected to a lot of craziness you didn’t understand. I thank God that he waited until you were old enough before things started getting really messy and your understanding and help was needed.
I know you needed a mom who was there for you through thick and thin and I did my best to be that person. It wasn’t easy. I had to put aside the feelings inside of me, my dear children, in order to help you grow up and into productive adults. Unlike your mother who suffers constantly from Bipolar Disorder.
I feel that I wasted my life because I couldn’t cope with a regular life. I didn’t go for my dreams, too scared. I didn’t make you my priorities like some moms because I was taking care of myself. I was falling apart little by little.
I do my best to attend family get togethers even if I am not feeling up to it and would rather isolate in my bedroom. I love that you guys try to get me out of the house and into doing something with you and my well-loved grandchildren. Believe me I love you all even if sometimes it doesn’t seem that way since I am nurturing myself.
I know some of you do not understand mental health, but I also know that you love me and wouldn’t leave me to struggle alone if I needed up. You guys are there for me when needed.
And I want to make you a promise. I promise to never, ever try to take my life again. I saw the terrible hurt and pain in your faces and the tears and I can’t do that to you. I promise to seek help if ever I feel that way again.
Thank you very much for being my beloved children, I love each and everyone of you.
Love, Your Mom (Teresa E Dean)
The annual celebration of National Tequila Day is on July 24th.
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajaraand in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of
- More than 300 million blue agave plants are harvested in that surrounding region each year.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jaliscoand limited regions in the states of Guanajuato,Michoacan, Nayarit andTamaulipas.
- Mexico is granted international right to the word “tequila”.
- Bulk amounts can be shipped to be bottled in the United States.
- Tequila is normally made at 38-40 % alcohol content but can be produced between 31-55 % alcohol content.
- Don Cenobio Sauza, founder of Sauza Tequila and Municipal President of the Village of Tequila from 1884-1885, was the first to export tequila to the United States.
Credit: National Calendar
Photo Credit: Womens Health Mag
You see me there
Starring in vain,
Looking at the stars,
Asking for the War God.
The reason she was asking for her God was to pray and hear him say: don’t you worry, child, your day will come. It will be fantastic and dark, as the nights here are.
‘I’ll ask you once again, why? Why do I have to be in charge? How can I stop him from leaving my side?’
Then, he replied: ‘You can’t you sweet child of mine. He will die and then reborn with a stronger mind and soul. He will then take your hand into his arms and love you till the end of time’.
‘But I don’t want him to deny, I can’t stand him going to the ground and I definitely don’t want him to visit the dark side’ she replied.
(Her fallen angel):
‘Baby, I am here but, why can’t you hear? Why are you slowly dying, why is the War God almost crying? I am here, I’ve always been, looking up at you smiling but, lately babe, you’ve been crying. Let me tell you something, my sweet dear darling, me and you can only dream about us laying. We can never speak again, cos I’ve hurt you back then and I could never ever see you again’…
‘Good night my baby, tell my little angel: daddy is there for her, and not a stranger’.
Check out other great articles from Imperfect Girl