1 1/2 – lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
2 – medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
1/4 – teaspoon salt
1/8 – teaspoon pepper
1 – can (28 oz) chunky tomato sauce
1 – cup water
1 – egg
1 – container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 – cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
1/4 – cup chopped fresh parsley
8 – slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
12 – uncooked lasagna noodles
2 – cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onions, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley and 1/4 cup of the bacon.
- 3 Spread about 1 cup of the beef mixture in baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture, 2 cups beef mixture and 3/4 cup of the Cheddar cheese over noodles. Repeat layers once, starting with 4 noodles. Top with remaining noodles, beef mixture, Cheddar cheese and bacon. Spray 15-inch sheet of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil, sprayed side down. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- 4 Heat oven to 350°F. Bake covered 45 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until bubbly and golden brown. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Credit: Betty Crocker
According to Fox News, a crowd of several hundred gathered Saturday night to see Detroit’s newest resident: A 9-foot, 2,000-pound statue of a goat-headed occult idol named Baphomet.
The Satanic Temple unveiled the bronze figure to an estimated 700 attendees at an undisclosed location. The group’s initial venue canceled after local religious groups protested.
The group’s approach to secrecy with the second venue led to little opposition on Saturday, Director of the Detroit Satanic Temple chapter and national spokeswoman Jex Blackmore told Fox News.
“Protesters arrived for a short time at our first ticketing location, but retreated after only about 30 minutes,” Blackmore said. “One woman attempted to block the event entrance and was removed by the police in cooperation with the building’s owner. “
The statue will now be stored out of public view until the Temple can find it a permanent home. The group hopes to display it at the Arkansas State Capitol, next to a monument of the Ten Commandments.
Photo Credit: Fox News
The Simpsons – Donut Hell
BLW Limited Edition T-Shirt Art Piece from Charles Postell Contest Giveaway – Why you LOVE Life Contest?
BLW is proud to present to our fans a chance to win a one of a kind art piece from up and coming artists Charles Postell. Charles has been a media and abstract artist for the last ten years, which you have seen one of kind art pieces in many different publications.
This Limited Edition t-shirt design called “Numchucks” from Postell is made out of fabric paint and is totally all hand made. It’s a Men’s Large and made out of Cotton. If you’re a fan of old school martial arts movies, you’d totally love this t-shirt, which Postell only made one of these pieces making it valuable and unique.
If you want this amazing t-shirt art piece, you must submit an art piece or a story or a poem about why you love life. It can be short or long but it just has the message on why you love life.
Submit your art pieces by typing your link to your submission in the comment section below. So, put your art piece on your site then send us a link so we can check it out. Also, we will post it on BLW so other fans can check out your great art work.
Today is National Hot Fudge Sundae Day! A sundae is the perfect treat to enjoy on a summer night. The cold ice cream paired with a warm, chocolate topping is one of the most delicious combinations known to man. Add some nuts, whipped cream, and cherries on top and you’ve got yourself a world-famous dessert!
The Guinness Book of World Records has documented several record-setting sundaes. For example, the most expensive sundae can be ordered at Serendipity 3 in New York City for the hefty sum of $1000. In 2009, the Kids Club in Brunswick, Georgia created the world’s longest sundae. It measured over 130 feet long!
Photo Credit: Cupcake Blog
CrossFit can change how a woman both defines beauty and feels about her body, as Rita Benavidez, Jackie Perez, Erin Cianciolo and Andrea Ager discuss in this video.
Once thinking beauty was a picture of a waify woman on a magazine, Benavidez feels differently now. “My perception of beauty has changed over the past few years,” Benavidez says. “True beauty … is strength and fitness, and confidence in yourself.”
Perez was originally motivated by trying to be skinny. “That wasn’t getting me anywhere,” she says. “With CrossFit, I set goals. I want to deadlift 225, I’m going to hit that faster than I’m going to look in the mirror and like what I see.” Ager says putting in the work is key to getting what you want. “I think that hard work and the way that your body looks go so hand-in-hand,” she says. “Once you do get a body that you want, you’re very proud of it … you’re proud of what your body can do.”
Through CrossFit, these women are confident, stronger and fitter. They are mothers, tomboys, coaches. They are CrossFit athletes.
The annual celebration of National Tequila Day is on July 24th.
- Tequila is a distilled beverage which is made from the blue agave plant.
- Made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, 40 miles Northwest of Guadalajaraand in the highlands (Los Altos) of the western Mexican state of
- More than 300 million blue agave plants are harvested in that surrounding region each year.
- Agave tequila grows differently depending on the region.
- Blue Agave – grown in the highlands region – larger in size and sweeter in aroma and taste.
- Agave – grown in the lowland region – have more herbaceous fragrance and flavor.
- Mexican law states that tequila can be produced only in the state of Jaliscoand limited regions in the states of Guanajuato,Michoacan, Nayarit andTamaulipas.
- Mexico is granted international right to the word “tequila”.
- Bulk amounts can be shipped to be bottled in the United States.
- Tequila is normally made at 38-40 % alcohol content but can be produced between 31-55 % alcohol content.
- Don Cenobio Sauza, founder of Sauza Tequila and Municipal President of the Village of Tequila from 1884-1885, was the first to export tequila to the United States.
Credit: National Calendar
Photo Credit: Womens Health Mag
National Hot Dog day is actually the third Wednesday of July (except when Wednesday falls on July 1st, then it is held on the 4th Wednesday). “One year, the event was held on July 23 and now everyone thinks that’s the date of National Hot Dog Day,” states Janet Riley, president of the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council.
Whether they are grilled, boiled, broiled, pan-fried, rotisserie cooked, cooked on a stick over a campfire or any other way, hot dogs are a favorite summertime staple. They are loved by children and adults alike plain or garnished with one or a combination of mustard, ketchup, onions, mayonnaise, relish, cheese, bacon, chili, or sauerkraut.
Where to get your FREE Hotdog or less than a $1?
Get a Quarter Pound Big Bite hot dog for $1 at select locations.
Pilot Flying J
With a coupon you can find on their social media accounts, get a free Oscar Meyer hot dog.
Get an All-American Dog or Chili Cheese Dog for $1 all day.
Free (and almost free) Hot Dogs Around the U.S.
Callahan’s – New Jersey
Get a free quarter-pound hot dog from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Evos – Southern U.S.
Buy one “healthy dog,” get one free all week.
Hop Dog – Western U.S.
Get a free hot dog from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Kangaroo Express – Southern U.S.
At select locations in Virginia, South Carolina and North Carolina, grab a Ball Park hot dogs for 50 cents each (free with military ID) from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Philly Pretzel Factory – Eastern U.S.
The first 300 customers get a free pretzel dog.
2015 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest – Matt Stonie Upsets Joey Chestnut!
Andy Davidhazy did the Pacific Crest Trail which travels 2660 miles through the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington, starting at the Mexico border fence near the small town of Campo, CA, and finishing just across the Canadian border in Manning Park, British Columbia. It took about 5 months to complete and I lost 50 pounds in process. Total elevation change was about 450,000 feet, with the high point being 13,200 feet at Forester Pass in the High Sierras. I documented the physical transformation of the environment and myself by taking a selfie on trail every single mile of the hike.
WHY DID I DO IT?
Simply put, I did the hike for the challenge, and this was the hardest simple thing I could think of. In life I get rewarded for finding short cuts to things, being creative in the face of a challenge, problem solving, etc. But there’s a lot of things I want to achieve in life, and as I’ve grown older I have begun to worry that they may not happen. So I wanted to test my limitations, fears and commitment by doing something that had no short cuts. You either hike every foot of the trail (from Mexico to Canada) or you don’t.
Taking a photo of myself every mile wasn’t about vanity, but rather a way for me to fully commit to the whole hike. If I were to quit or skip ahead at any point, myself and everyone else would know it. Apart from that, I simply wanted to document my transformation in a memorable way. Unlike a meandering walk in the woods, the PCT is a fairly well defined path that is in part quantified by it’s length, which is why I chose every mile as the framework for my pictures and video.
Photo Credit: Lake Arrowhead
Credit: Lost or Found
Check out Andy’s three minute video of his hike, using one second of film from each day. This is what he saw: