According to Surf Dog Ricochet, this beautiful story is about what we all want — to be encouraged to discover who we really are… to be accepted… to find our life purpose… and to be celebrated for being different. Each person who watches this video finds an individual message that touches them on many different levels, bringing them to tears. It’s about the power of being YOUnique, staying true to yourself, adjusting expectations, being empowered, overcoming challenges, looking at obstacles as opportunities, transformation, inter-connectedness, authenticity, and that anything is possible if you follow your heart.
Virgin Chocolate Chunk Brownies With Maple & Benton Bacon
Preheat the oven to 350F Line an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Whisk in the COR olive oil and set aside to cool slightly.
Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Beat in the syrup and salt, then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the BRM flour, then gently stir in the bacon. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine became aromatic at 20 minutes and at 25 minutes, they had a shiny, dry, slightly crackly top. Let cool completely. Cut into squares.
WASHINGTON – If you get a call from the number (202) 609-7070, the Internal Revenue Service is warning you not to answer the phone.
IRS officials said those who call from this number are impersonating the IRS agents and demand payment for fake tax liens.
Authorities said the phony agent, who usually has a heavy accent, will call or leave a voice mail saying you owe money to the IRS and if it isn’t paid immediately you will be arrested.
The IRS says they have received 90,000 complaints to date about the scam and about 1,000 people have lost an estimated $5 million from the fraud.
The IRS said it will never:
- Never ask for credit card, debit card or prepaid card information over the telephone
- Never insist that taxpayers use a specific payment method to pay tax obligations
- Never request immediate payment over the telephone and will not take enforcement action immediately following a phone conversation. Taxpayers usually receive prior notification of IRS enforcement action involving IRS tax liens or levies
If you get a call you believe to be a part of this scam, the IRS urges you call 1-800-366-4484 to report the incident.
For more information on phone scams and how to avoid being defrauded, visit irs.gov.
Georgia Peach Pie
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (4 ounces) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (4 ounces) cold solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 8 large, ripe but firm peaches (3 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- Egg wash made with 1 egg yolk mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Bourbon Whipped Cream, for serving
- In a food processor, pulse the flour with the sugar and salt until combined. Add the butter and shortening and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and sprinkle the ice water on top. Stir with a fork until a crumbly dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and knead 2 or 3 times, just until the dough comes together. Cut the dough in half and form into 2 disks; wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each disk of dough to a 12-inch round. Ease one of the rounds into a 9-inch glass pie plate and transfer the other round to a baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and fill a large bowl with ice water. Using a sharp knife, mark a shallow X in the bottom of each peach. Blanch the peaches in the boiling water for about 1 minute, until the skins begin to loosen. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peaches to the ice water to cool. Drain and peel the peaches and cut them into 3/4-inch wedges. Transfer the peaches to a large bowl. Add the sugar, lemon juice and flour, toss well and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the peaches and their juices into the chilled pie shell and scatter the butter slices on top. Brush the edge of the pie shell with the egg wash and lay the round of dough from the baking sheet on top. Press the edges of the pie shell together to seal and trim the overhang to a 1/2 inch. Fold the edge of the pie dough under itself and crimp decoratively. Brush the remaining egg wash on the top crust and cut a few slits for venting steam.
- Transfer the pie to the oven and place a baking sheet in the bottom to catch any drips. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°, cover the edge of the pie with foil and bake for about 40 minutes longer, until the filling is bubbling and the crust is deeply golden on the top and bottom. Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely. Serve with Bourbon Whipped Cream.
MAKE AHEAD The dough can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 month. The peach pie can be stored overnight at room temperature. NOTES As an alternative to the Bourbon Whipped Cream, serve the pie with vanilla ice cream.
Baking soda is one of the most effective remedy for yellow teeth. Mix some baking soda in a glass of warm water. Use it as a mouth wash, rinse your mouth with this thrice a day. This will lead to sparkling teeth.
Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which helps to make your teeth whiter. Make a paste by grinding few strawberries, gently rub your teeth using this paste. Do this twice a day for 2 weeks, this will surely helps and vanishes the yellow tinge on your teeth.
Lemon has a good bleaching property which can be used to get rid of the yellow teeth. Take the juice out of lemon and add one teaspoon of salt to it then gargle your mouth with this. Scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is also one of the best ways to make your teeth whiter.
Holy Basil have whitening properties, it also treats gum problems like pyorrhea. Take out few basil leaves and keep them in the sun for few hours, once the leaves become dry, grind them and make it as a powder. Use this as tooth powder or else you can make it as a paste by adding mustard oil in it.
Rub your teeth with orange peel before going to bed and then in the morning rinse your teeth with water. The calcium and vitamin C present in the orange peel will combat with microorganisms. This makes your teeth whiter and stronger.
Hydrogen Peroxide has mild bleaching property, this helps to reduce the yellow staining from your teeth. Use this as a mouth wash, Gargle with hydrogen peroxide. While gargling make sure not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide.
Rub your teeth with ripe banana peel for 5 minutes, as it is rich in potassium helps to make your teeth whiter. Do this twice a day.
Earlier times people used charcoal to clean the teeth. Charcoal has a crystal based chemical which helps to make your teeth whiter. Mix some charcoal in the toothpaste to get rid of the yellow stains.
Credit: Health Digezt
Cable Car Cocktail
The Cable Car is an excellent rum drink which was created by Tony Abou-Ganim, the “Modern Mixologist.” It involves Captain Morgan spiced rum and orange curacao, of which the original recipe calls for Marie Bizard.
Also, in Abou-Ganim’s recipe is a fresh lemon sour which is made by mixing 1 part simple syrup with 2 parts fresh lemon juice. A prepared sour mix will work, but his suggestion is strongly preferred.
The name Cable Car was inspired by the tracks near the Starlight Room in San Fransisco where he first created with cocktail.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sugar.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel spiral.