Written By Ryan Fu @fu_beatz
Tonight’s episode of True Blood wasn’t that bad, especially when I had a choice of watching TB or the Breaking Bad marathon. I watched a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad reminding how much I missed this television series. I wondered if I would have the same feelings when True Blood finally makes its final departure this summer. Tonight’s episode was all about letting go of the past and enjoying every second you have time left on this Earth because it’s a short ride.
In the opening scene of the episode Eric finds away to extend the ride a little longer by taking a bite of “The Cure,” Sara Newlin. He gets cured right away leaving Mr. Gus in happy place because he’s going to make new True Blood but not pure TB because it doesn’t make good business sense because it’s all about profit for him. Unlike, Sookie because all she wants is to make Bill feel better but I’m not sure Bill wants to be cured because he knows he has to stop this vicious cycle of pain and suffering.
Other shit happened on the show like we finally found the reason why Tara kept trying to contact her mom, which was to tell her she was sorry for not killing her father because he caused so much pain for her and her mother. Tara wants her mom to quit punishing herself and to finally let go of her because she wants her to live her life. This was quite the opposite of Jason’s former flame, Violet because all she wants is to cause suffering to everyone.
As we can see in a scene when Violet captures Jason and brings him to her awesome sex dungeon with Jessica along with the others. She ties up Jason, telling him the horrible things she is going to do to him along with his friends because she is still angry at Jason for betraying her. But lucky for them Hoyt comes to save the day by shooting Violet, causing her True Death. In the aforementioned paragraph above, I totally believe Bill Compton actually wants his True Death unlike the unfortunate Violet.
I believe Bill wants this vicious cycle of pain and suffering to end because in his mind it won’t stop when he gets better. Throughout the season Bill kept reminiscing about his past lives, which he knows if he continues this path, it will only lead him to more pain. Unlike, the character of Walter White on Breaking Bad, Bill knows that he has to die because that’s the only way to stop all the pain and destruction. Walter White on the other hand, wanted to live for as long as possible even though he knew that it was going to cause more harm than good. This whole season I was on the fence if I actually cared about Stephen Moyer’s character, in which this episode opened my eyes about how deep Bill is. Unlike all the vampires, who are trying to do anything possible to live longer, Bill is alright with dying. In his mind, he has lived a long life and this ride has to stop eventually. There’s only two episodes left of True Blood, so I suggest you follow Bill’s advice and enjoy one of the best shows on TV while you can because it’s coming to an end. Also, please live your life to the fullest because once again, it’s a short ride.
- Sarah is looking cute as a prisoner. Does anybody else remember Anna Camp from Pitch Perfect? I always will remember her barf, I mean her part in the movie.
- Was anybody else asleep in that Tara big relieve scene? It was so boring, I’m just glad we don’t have to deal with her again and her boring plot line but it was cool to see a swagged out little Lafayette. Was he wearing FUBU?
- I really can’t stand Sookie anymore cause she’s such a whiny mouse.
- Poor, poor Violet. She was just a misunderstood psychopath with the dark heart of gold, which by the way was that a dildo prodding iron?
- Jason is definitely going to fuck Hoyt’s girlfriend, which by the way this might be the first episode I didn’t see Hoyt brake down and cry like a little girl.
- I always wonder why is Eric the only Vamp with the power of flight? Are the other bastards not old enough to gain that power because if Bill only knew that he could fly if he just waited a couple of years, I think it would possible persuade his decision about dying. Also, he could finally fly away from that annoying bitch!