During Diane Sawyer’s 20/20 special last night with Bruce Jenner, the historic two-hour interview covered a variety of topics, including how his family reacted, when he began to cross-dress, what his three ex-wives knew, and more.
- The First Time He Tried on a Dress Was 8 or 9 Years Old “I marked the closet so when I put it back, I had put everything back in the exact same spot so I wouldn’t get caught. And at that time, I didn’t know why I was doing it, besides it just made me feel good,” the 65-year-old said of trying on his mother Esther’s dresses. He would also sneak out in her clothes. “I would put a scarf over my head because my hair was short.”
- The First Person He Told Was First His Wife Chrystie Scott The pair, who share son Burt and daughter Cassandra, were married from 1972 to 1981. “I didn’t go heavily into it back then. I said, these are my issues, this is what I deal with. I think [I said], ‘Oh I do a little cross-dressing, a little of this, a little of that,” he told Sawyer. “Like most women they think, ‘Oh I can fix that. I’s going to be okay.’ Nurturing. I never really hardcore said, ‘Look, I don’t know if I’m going to make it in this male gender here my entire life.'” (His second marriage with Linda Thompson failed partially because of his gender transition.)
- His Gender Identity is Separate from His Sexual Orientation “I was never attracted to the guys — the sexuality was totally different from what I’m dealing with. I’m not gay. As far as I know, I’m heterosexual. I’ve never been with a guy,” he said. “Sexuality is who you’re personally attracted to, who turns you on, male or female. But gender identity has to do with who you are as a person and your soul and who you identify with inside.”
- His Sister Pam Jenner Kept His Secret for 30 Years “He told me he had always felt that he should’ve been a girl. I said what? I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t understand it,” she told Sawyer. “I didn’t understand really what he was saying and then he told me, ‘I used to dress up in your clothes when no one was around.’ I gathered myself together. Okay, we can handle this. My big, gorgeous brother felt like he was always a girl.”
- He Began Transitioning in the ’80s Jenner would often cross-dress and converse with others following his motivational speeches. “I would walk off the stage and I would feel like a liar. I would say, ‘You just got no guts,'” he told Sawyer. “And then literally [I would] go up into the hotel room, change clothes, and go out and walk around.”
- Kris Jenner and Him Might Still Be Together If It Weren’t For His Transition The star believes that he and the Kardashian matriarch, who share daughters Kendall and Kyle, might still be married if if weren’t for his gender transition. (Kris filed for divorce in September 2014 after 22 years of marriage.) He also was on hormones when they first met and was a 36B bra size. “We never went to therapy. We tried to deal with it on our own,” he said, noting that Kris caught him wearing dresses. “It was tough on her. Kris is a good woman I got no complaints with her. Honestly, if she would’ve been really good with it and understanding, we’d probably still be together.”
- His Daughters Caught Him Wearing Women’s Clothes Jenner said Kim Kardashian walked away and drove for a bit after she found him cross-dressing one time. He texted her to see if she was okay, but the two didn’t speak much about it afterward. Kendall and Kylie’s laptop, which was on security mode, also caught him changing. “They came home and turned on their computer and — oh my god, it was me,” he recalled. “It was the only full-length mirror in the house.”
- He Was Terrified to Tell His Children the Truth Jenner struggled to tell his 10 children and stepchildren about his transition, and told son Brandon Jenner first. “[I said] that I’ll always be there and I’m not going anywhere,” he said. Brandon added to Sawyer: “I feel like I’m getting an upgraded version of my dad, of a parent.” Kim has also been the most supportive, and it’s been the toughest for Khloe Kardashian to deal with. He later commented on how he felt about hiding the truth while filming Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I had the story. We’ve done 425 episodes I think, over almost 8 years now and the entire run I kept thinking to myself, ‘Oh my god. This whole thing, the one real, true story in the family was the one I was hiding and nobody knew about it.'”
- He Contemplated Suicide One of Jenner’s darkest moments was when it was leaked to paparazzi that he had plastic surgery to shave down his Adam’s Apple in 2014. “I thought, wouldn’t the easiest thing to do right now — and I could see where people get to that — is go in the room, get a gun, boom. Pain’s over, it’s done, go to a better place. And I thought, nah. I can’t do something like that. I mean, I want to know how this story ends.”
- Sawyer’s Interview Will Be Jenner’s Last as Bruce In time, Jenner – who said he’s a Republican and Christian – will next reintroduce himself to society as a woman. “I’m saying goodbye to people’s perception of me and who I am,” he said. “I’m not saying goodbye to me because this has always been me.” Sawyer also noted that the star did express interest to do another interview next year.
Credit: ABC News
What are your thoughts on Bruce Jenner & the Kardashian Family?
McDonald’s closed 350 stores in the first three months of 2015 and is planning to close an additional 350 by the end of the year.
The struggling fast food giant recently announced it was closing 350 poorly performing stores this year, but on Wednesday McDonald’s admitted it had closed a previously unannounced 350 stores in the U.S., Japan and China.
“Earlier on Wednesday, McDonald’s reported an 11% decrease in revenue and a 30% drop in profit for the first three months of year, a continuation of its troubles in the last two years as it has struggled to compete with new U.S. competitors, a tough economy in Europe and a food safety scare in Asia,” Fortune reported.
McDonald’s started falling into a steep decline after customers began seeking healthier alternatives, a decline which may prove terminal for the world’s largest fast food chain.
It was definitely a sign of the times when Hillary Clinton stopped to eat at Chipotle while campaigning in Iowa earlier this month, two decades after her husband famously stopped at a McDonald’s while jogging.
“The world is starting to ask what they’re truly eating in their food — and the new conglomerate of natural grocers and restaurants are trailblazing the way into an entirely new economic environment,” Anthony Gucciardi wrote. “In other words: people are simply tired of shoveling garbage into their bodies, and they’re not going to put up with it anymore.”
And price conscious consumers aren’t just limited to McDonald’s nowadays: natural food outlets such as Whole Foods are offering organic foods at the same price as a Big Mac with fries.
It’s been a long and busy day but I got a lot of great sets of famous people. I proceed on my way home when I get a tip for Batman. No, not the real one but the actor who played him. The tip was all the way on Sunset Blvd but I’ve never shot him before so I said what the hell, let’s go get Batman. So, I drive to Blvd of broken dreams.
When I get there the valet tells me he just got here 20 minutes ago and he seemed to be in a great mood. That was reassuring because I’ve never shot him before and it’s always different when you shoot someone new. You never know if they’re going to be cool with it or a total asshole. But I was a fan of all his movies and he seemed like a cool guy. I check my gear and proceed to get my target.
I look inside the restaurant which he was the only one inside with his son, laughing and having a good time. Looking at him, it seemed like he was a cool dude. So, I pull out my shit, pointing at him then I take my shot. I get a couple of frames off before he final notices me. I calmly put my shit away and give him the thumbs up. That’s how I personally say thank you for people I shoot even though it’s still a fucked up process of stalking and hunting.
I confidently start walking back to my car thinking about watching his latest flick when I get back to the house. All the sudden I see the valet with a concerned look on his face pointing behind me. It was Batman running after me on Sunset Blvd. Everything was in slow motion like in the movies but this Batman had a potty mouth.
“Hey, asshole,” Batman shouts to me.
I look around saying, “Me?”
“Yeah, dickhead. I didn’t come back from a long shoot from the East coast to deal with assholes fucking up my day with my son. You need to get the fuck out of here before I END YOUR WORLD. I fucken know people pal. They would end you in a heartbeat.”
Batman was in my face as I could smell spaghetti coming off his breathe as he berates me on Sunset Blvd with his saliva landing on my face with each word he shouts to me. I could see the valet around us looking as shocked as I was, seeing Batman losing his shit.
Before I get a word, he gives me a shoulder bump like if we were on the playing ground and I stole his lollipop. I started to chuckle a bit, which didn’t help the situation as I could see the veins in his eyes become blood-red. He calms himself down for a bit asking me,
“Are you going to leave?”
I take a step back saying,
“No. But I love you’re movies.”
He shakes his head in frustration and walks back to the restaurant. Before he walks in he takes one more look at me not as Batman but just another man wondering and thinking about the choices he made in his life. I stand firm not swaying my gaze as he gives me a nod, then he walks in. I pay the valet and all of them give me a high-five because they recognized I was in a fight.
I might have not won the battle but I think I got the respect from Batman.
Buy it on Amazon.co
Today is National Pigs-In-A-Blanket Day! This delicious finger food is popular with kids and cocktail party guests all across the world. In fact, there are many different cultures that have their own unique twist on this comfort food classic.
In the United Kingdom, pigs-in-a-blanket are small sausages wrapped in bacon. People traditionally serve them as Christmas dinner appetizers. In Israel, kids enjoy Moshe Ba’Teiva (Moses in the Ark), which are miniature hot dogs rolled in a ketchup-covered puff pastry and baked in the oven. In the United States, pigs-in-a-blanket are hot dogs or Vienna sausages wrapped in biscuit or croissant dough and baked until golden brown. Yum!
No matter where you are or how you decide to cook your pigs-in-a-blanket, make this tasty finger food for dinner tonight and serve it with a side of ketchup.
Tell us how do you like your Pigs-In-A-Blanket?
It’s National Picnic Day! People have been eating their meals outside in the beauty of nature for centuries. In fact, our modern-day idea of a picnic evolved from Medieval hunting feasts and Victorian garden parties. These were usually quite sophisticated affairs, which involved multiple courses and elaborate preparations.
During the early 19th century a group of wealthy London citizens formed “The Picnic Society” to promote picnics as social gatherings. These picnics were potlucks, and each participant also had to provide a share of the entertainment. The society members drank from crystal goblets and listened to a live string quartet while eating their meal! Today, picnics are usually casual meals enjoyed on a comfortable picnic blanket.
To celebrate National Picnic Day, take your meal outdoors and enjoy a picnic with your friends and family!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen dessert topping (, Cool Whip)
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling (Comstock)
- Blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in frozen dessert topping.
- Press into graham cracker crust, spreading cream cheese mixture up sides.
- Bottom will be covered and there will be a ring of cream cheese mixture about 1 inch wide around pie.
- Pour cherry pie filling into center.
Chill at least 3 hours.
Most celebrity interviews aren’t meant to be challenging. The actor, actress, or director wants to promote their movie, you want to talk to Iron Man about getting paid to smash things for a living, or whatever. When an informal chat that begins with questions about being a fan of superheroes as a child gets too real, though, the interviewee might walk out on the interviewer.
That’s what happened between Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Robert Downey, Jr., when Guru-Murthy awkwardly brought up the Avengers‘ star’s “colourful past.” Go six minutes into the clip, and you see RDJ’s breathing get heavier as Guru-Murthy nervously asks whether he’s “free” from drinking and drugs. Downey think it’s getting “too Diane Sawyer,” and he bails.
Which brings me to the point that you should never bring up Ironman’s Father!!!
Do you think he made a good call in walking out? What would have you’ve done if you were in RDJ’s situation?